Each Developmental Center or Community Facility includes a 24-hour law enforcement agency called the Office of Protective Services that oversees law enforcement and investigative services. The Developmental Centers are staffed with police officers, investigators, and fire personnel. Our Community Facility is staffed with police officers and investigators.
- Be 21 years of age by the date of appointment.
- Have no felonies or other disqualifying misdemeanor convictions and meet the Office of Protective Services Professional Standards Branches Background Investigation Standards.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible for application for U.S. citizenship.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license by appointment to the position.
- Completion of high school or equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- Visit CalCareer at jobs.ca.gov
- Create an account
- Begin filling in personal and employment information
- View exam bulletins, duty statements, and classification specifications on the CalCareer website to determine your eligibility.
- Follow instructions to submit your application packet through the CalCareer website, or by mail.
- A standard State Application (Std. 678) is always required. Some vacancies may require submittal of a cover letter, resume, Statement of Qualifications, etc.
Note: All applications will be screened and only the most qualified (Completion of the POST) will be interviewed. May consider those currently enrolled in a POST approved academy, but must produce evidence of successful completion of the Basic Academy before they may be considered for appointment.
Last modified: February 8, 2021