The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has a statutory responsibility to ensure that individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities live in the least restrictive setting, appropriate to their needs. DDS designed the Community Placement Plan (CPP) and Community Resource Development Plan (CRDP) for regional centers to enhance the capacity of the community service delivery system and to reduce the reliance on the use of developmental center and other restrictive living environments. The CPP and CRDP provide funding to the regional centers for the development of a variety of resources, including, but not limited, to residential development, transportation, day services, and mental health and crisis services, within individuals’ communities consistent with resource development as described in Welfare and Institutions Code sections 4418.25 and 4679(a).
The regional centers can also use CPP and CRDP funds to develop safe, affordable, and sustainable homes as a residential option. CPP and CRDP funds create permanent housing through the “Buy It Once” model where a housing developer organization (HDO) owns the property for the restricted use by regional center consumers. For this residential option, the regional centers must submit a housing proposal to DDS using the guidelines below, requesting approval of CPP and CRDP funds for the acquisition and development of HDO-owned housing for the benefit of consumers.
- Guidelines for Regional Center Community Placement Plan and Community Resource Development Plan PDF
- Enclosure A (Sections 4418.25 and 4679 of the Welfare and Institutions Code) PDF
- Enclosure B (Instructions for Requesting Health and Safety Waiver Exemptions, September 13, 2018) PDF
- Enclosure C (Statewide Specialized Resource Services, September 26, 2012) PDF
- Enclosure D (Modification Request Form) PDF Accessibility note: To hear the directions in the form fields, download and save a copy of the PDF.
- Enclosure E (Monthly Review Worksheet) EXCEL
- Enclosure F (CPP/CRPD State Claims Processing/Reconciliation Protocol) PDF
- Enclosure G (FY 2020-21 Regional Center Claims Reimbursement Summary) PDF Accessibility note: To hear the directions in the form fields, download and save a copy of the PDF.
- Enclosure H (Regional Center IMD Placement Information) PDF Accessibility note: To hear the directions in the form fields, download and save a copy of the PDF.
- Community Resource Development Plan Priorities (CRDP)
- CPP Housing Guidelines PDF
- Amendments (Effective October 5, 2020) PDF NEW
- Executive Summary PDF
- Appendix A (Restrictive Covenant) WORD
- Appendix B (Profit Participation Agreement) WORD
- Appendix C (DDS CPP Promissory Note) WORD
- Appendix D (DDS CPP Deed of Trust) WORD
- Appendix E (Request for Notice — DDS Form) WORD
- Appendix F (Request for Notice — Regional Center Form) WORD
- Appendix G (Agreement to Provide Notice and Cure Rights) WORD
- Appendix H (Required Proposal and Project Documents) PDF NEW
- Appendix I (Non-profit HDO Documents One-Time Annual Checklist) WORD
- Appendix J (HDO Conflict of Interest Statement) WORD
- Appendix K (CPP Housing Proposal Checklist) PDF
- Appendix L (Regional Center Escrow Instructions) WORD
- Appendix M (Community Placement Plan Housing Annual Report) PDF
- Appendix N (Multi-Family Housing Proposal Guidelines) PDF
- Appendix O (CPP Housing Single-Family Housing Acquisition Request Checklist) PDF
Last modified: February 8, 2022