DDS has approved changes to increase flexibility for providers, and regional centers to provide the services and supports people need. The specific changes DDS has approved are listed on the Department Directives tab.
We will keep working together to find options to meet existing and new service needs. Your continued partnership is essential during this critical time to support our community. Please stay safe and stay healthy. Thank you for your tireless work.
If you would like to share additional resource recommendations, please email ResourcesC19@dds.ca.gov.
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Flu Season: Don’t Let Up!
- Pandemia COVID-19 Y Temporada de Gripe: ¡No Detenga la Llegada! SPANISH
- Ang Pandemyang COVID-19 At Ang Panahon Ng Trangkaso: Huwag Magpabaya! TAGALOG
- Đại Dịch COVID-19 Và Mùa Cúm: Không Được Chủ Quan! VIETNAMESE
- COVID-19 大流行和流感季节：不要松懈! CHINESE-SIMPLIFIED
- COVID-19 大流行和流感季節：不要鬆懈! CHINESE-TRADITIONAL
- COVID-19 Tips for Caregivers of People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Prepare for Public Health Emergencies
- Center for Disease Control Fact Sheets
- Information on how to clean and disinfect your facility
- Five things you can do to avoid a Coronavirus scam
- Use of masks to help slow the spread of COVID-19
If someone you care for needs medical attention, you may be limited or unable to assist them if they require care in a hospital or treatment center. The Health Passport can be used to share important information with other health care professionals about the individual you serve and how to keep them safe. Below are a examples of communication to doctors and hospitals adapted from various local and nationwide sources.
- Health Passport Example #1
- Health Passport Example #2
- Health Passport Example #3
- Health Passport Example #4
- Health Passport Example #5
- Health Profile
Information and Resources
- Early Start Community Infographic [
- La comunidad de Early Start SPANISH
- What is Early Start? – A Healthcare Provider’s Brochure
- ¿QUÉ ES EARLY START? SPANISH
- COVID-19 resources for employers and workers
- COVID-19 financial and technical assistance for small businesses
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Disaster Loan Assistance Application
- Emergency Loans: Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Statewide COVID-19 Hotline to provide reliable, trusted information and support – 833-422-4255 (833-4CA-4ALL)
- If you need assistance finding food, paying house bills, or other essential services, dial 211 to speak to someone who can help
- CMS – Information for Health Care Facilities
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers
- Strategies for providers to stay well
- American Sign Language Video Series on COVID-19 ASLVIDEO
- Center for Disease Control Educational Videos on COVID-19 VIDEO
Additional Guidance Documents
- Guidance for Home Care Organizations Available to Assist with Temporary Staffing in Adult and Senior Care Facilities with Clients who have Tested Positive for COVID-19, California Department of Social Services
- Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings, California Department of Public Health
- Essential Protective Gear for In-Home Supportive Services Providers Due to COVID-19, California Department of Social Services
- Visitor Limitation Guidance, California Department of Public Health
- Special Education Guidance for COVID-19
- Guidance on Non-Discrimination in Medical Treatment for COVID-19 – March 30, 2020
- Guidance Documents: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), California Department of Public Health
- Provider Information Notices, Adult and Senior Care (ASC) Program, California Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division
- Center for Health Care Quality All Facilities Letters, California Department of Public Health
The resources provided on this website are only intended to assist individuals, families, caregivers, regional centers and vendors during the COVID-19 crisis. Unless specified in a waiver or directive issued by the Director of the Department of Developmental Services and/or the Department of Public Health in response to COVID-19, the use of resources on this website does not replace applicable law and regulations regarding information given to hospitals or emergency care, and does not otherwise guarantee the use of these resources.
The inclusion of external website links to resources does not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation of material at the linked sites, their content or the services provided. The Department of Developmental Services accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of external websites or external documents linked to on this website.
When you select a link to an external website, you are leaving the Department of Developmental Services’ domain and are subject to the privacy policies of the external website.
Last modified: March 16, 2022